[Dixielandjazz] Re Where are the young people

Henry C. Mason hmncro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 23:20:27 PDT 2011

Listmates...  is there a tinge of jealousy here?   As most of us know, it
ain't how good you are it is how well you sell it.   Steve is a good player
and his band is probably as good as a hundred others.  What he does is sell
it very well which is why he gets so much work.     I do more big band than
Dixie but I have sure used Steve's suggestions on audience building and
selling a band and OKOM would be better off if more people listened to him.

Rant mode off

Henry