[Dixielandjazz] NOLA band: Smoking Time Jazz Club CDs

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Oct 19 14:20:28 PDT 2011

Hi All. Just received a pair of CD from my friend John Joyce, NOLA bass
player. To my mind they're out of sight. Kick-ass, somewhat
non-traditional sound that might be an acquired taste, but definitely NOT
modern jazz--uses the old chords. I take a certain pride in recommending
both the band and CDs, because my "Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 1 & 2"
inspired and were used by the band.

The URL for CDs (has track lists for all 4 CDs)

http://smokingtimejazzclub.bandcamp.com/

Joyce spent several years in "Cycle Klowns", a group riding bicycles all
over Asia and Europe, earning a living by playing and juggling in village
squares.

--Sheik