[Dixielandjazz] News From Judith Durham

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Wed Oct 19 06:11:05 PDT 2011

Ah, Judith Durham.   She is a great jazz singer.    Some time in the late
1970s, I think it was, she and her manager (husband?) happened to come into
the Sticky Wicket Pub in Hopkinton, MA one Sunday afternoon when the New
Black Eagles were splitting the bill with Barry Martyn's jazz band and she
sat in with both bands.  I can hear her now, that big wonderful voice coming
from a petite and pretty young woman.

Ron L