[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Booking

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Oct 12 00:14:39 PDT 2011

One of the questions I almost always ask is, "What is your budget for entertainment?"

Most of the time I get an honest answer.  If I don't, I usually get a feeling that they are not telling me the truth.

I ask a lot of questions and guide the conversation and have real good luck with booking gigs.  I get between $250 and $300 for a single piano gig in, or close to town.

I get pretty good money for the band gigs also.

I have good luck on the telephone and via email -- Both ways.

It really takes experience and salesmanship.  No one taught it to me.  I learned it through the years by myself through experience and by analyzing each contact.

--Bob Ringwald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Walton Entertainment" <larrys.bands at charter.net>