[Dixielandjazz] Shameless Plug

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 14:28:15 PDT 2011

This Saturday, October 15, from 11 AM to 2 PM, Barbone Street performs
Dixieland during the Goose Creek Duck Races. This is an annual event
that has raised hundreds of thousand of dollars over the years for the
local Rotary Club charities. We've been doing it for 10 years.

On the banks of Goose Creek next to the Goose Creek Grille, 840 E.
Street Road, West Chester PA 19382. (That's on Route 926 about halfway
between Route 202 and Route 3)

People can bet on numbered rubber ducks, ($5) which are dumped into
Goose Creek from an overhead bridge. They float down stream (to That's
A Plenty etc.) for 50 yards into a chute and the first 25 finishers
win prizes, donated by local businesses. (dinners, spa treatments,
golf club sets, etc.) There are 4 races and then a final race for the
owners of the winning 100 ducks with a grand prize. A baseball signed
by all the 2011 Philadelphia Phillies baseball team and dinner with
the manager. Would have been a lot more valuable if they had won their
division baseball playoffs. Oh well!!!

Best part is that it is a family event. Soda, hot dogs, hamburgers
available. Pre teen kids are welcome and show up in large numbers.
They dance down the hill in front of the band once they see us giving
out Mardi Gras beads to dancers. It is a sight to behold.

Fun event that always generates a lot of joy for the kids and their
parents. Stop by if you are in the area and watch the kids enjoy the
music. Last year over 150 kids danced and while I didn't get an
accurate adult count, I suspect about 500 showed up.

Rain  or Shine

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband