[Dixielandjazz] Musos

domitype domitype at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 07:46:40 PDT 2011

Eric and Bill,

Thanks for the clarification on the word. While I have heard it used in American school marching band circles, I was not certain of the origins (and the Internet dictionary definitions certainly were incomplete!)

Somewhere in my boxes of souvenirs I have newspaper clippings from my band's trip to Australia in 1999 (at the height of the "Olympic Band Flap") - I am pretty sure we were called musos in a few articles.

Dave Richoux