[Dixielandjazz] Been Curious For a Long Time

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sun Oct 9 05:29:51 PDT 2011

I think it is a Britishism (and in the related countries ) maybe a bit
derogatory , but I also have heard it in US High School marching band
circles as a more polite term for Band Geek... Urban Dictionary says:
Someone who is obsessed with music performance, especially one favoring
technique over expression.

Dave Richoux

Dave, it's certainly not a derogatory term in Australia, as Eric has pointed
out.

In one of the articles I wrote for the English magazine STORYVILLE I uused
the term "musos". The editor changed it to "musicians".

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell