[Dixielandjazz] Vale Harry Callaghan

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 6 14:36:40 PDT 2011

Dear listmates,
I'm in shock.
Like so many others it seems, Harry and I corresponded regularly off list regarding all sorts of things, including jazz and film.
He obviously had a remarkable background but, unfortunately, we only caught glimpses of it.
My dear friend Nancie Beaven introduced us years ago and we 'hit it off' immediately.
A loveable curmudgeon.
I'd already missed him recently, following his last very brief email to me on 2 August.
Assuming he was just a little unwell I waited, then finally sent a concerned "where are you" email on 3 September.
No reply.
Now this very sad news.
He certainly left his mark on many of us.
And we were all the better for it.
Very kind regards,
Bill