[Dixielandjazz] Banjo or guitar and Sun Valley

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 03:02:42 PDT 2011

On 01/10/2011 02:28, Gluetje1 at aol.com wrote:

Thanks to all who responded.  I was actually hoping for some responses
from band leaders or musicians where the banjo/guitarist is switching
instruments within the same performance.

  Hi Ginny,

Yes I do sing on gigs like that... banjo works for the earlier stuff and
guitar for the "Condon" style... well it would:-)
If I'm booked for a (what some in the UK call) "New Orleans" club then I
start with old faithfuls with banjo accompaniment but Gershwin, Warren
etc tunes are more effective with guitar IMHO.
  It also depends on what other instruments there are.... Our Big Bear
Stompers has piano, banjo and sousa.  If there's a piano, that's where I
tend to get my leads from.

So .... Sun Valley.... We're basking in an unseasonal heatwave and I'm
finding it difficult to get my head round the fact that snow's a
possibility in an Idaho ski resort!
Tony and I are honoured to have been invited to join Ivory and Gold on
one of their sets ... hope to see some of you there.

Jude

jude at judyeames.co.uk