[Dixielandjazz] Reuters MacroScope

Andrew Homzy andrew.jazzz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:26:57 PST 2011

Those guys got it wrong -

We should be more like Duke Ellington - viz. -

The Duke was summoned to a meeting with the President of Columbia Records.

Duke entered the posh office in mid-town Manhattan and was asked to sit down.

"Duke", said the President, "Im sorry to say, you aren't selling any records."

Ellington stood up - and before he turned away to walk out the door - said:

"I thought I was supposed to make the records - and you were supposed to sell them."

Who can remember the name of a bank president - or what they did for humanity and culture on this planet?

Cheers,

Andrew