[Dixielandjazz] The Unnatural Seven -was - Jonathan Russell & Tom Rigney

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 28 06:39:32 PST 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 6:56 AM, Pat Ladd wrote:

> Oh! That Nature Boy.
>
> Recorded originally I think by Nat King Cole in 1948. I happen to
> remember the date because I was in the army at a particularly rotten
> posting, freezing weather, snow, no running water in the camp and I
> had just put my first Tape up.Promoted to the dizzy heights of Lance
> Bombardier.
> Cole`s record was No 1 in the charts for weeks which particularly
> annoyed me as I always argued that the guy who persuaded Cole to
> sing instead of play piano robbed us of a great piano player.  Then
> the tune which I didn`t think much of anyway, was completely wrecked
> by some weird mob who released a record called Serutan Yob. Now I
> can never think of Nature Boy without Serutan Yob taking over in my
> mind. Now, what was that band called?????
>
> Cheers
>
> Pat

Hey Pat:

I think that band was "The Unnatural Seven". Led by list mates Don
Ingle's father, Red Ingle. For YOUR listening pleasure it is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUJdPceUazM

Perhaps Don can give us the real story of who actually was on this
recording. e.g. Jo Stafford or Karen Tedder, etc.

BTW note the other Red Ingle records on the sidebar of this page.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband