[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan Russell & Tom Rigney

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 28 03:56:45 PST 2011

Oh! That Nature Boy.

Recorded originally I think by Nat King Cole in 1948. I happen to remember
the date because I was in the army at a particularly rotten posting,
freezing weather, snow, no running water in the camp and I had just put my
first Tape up.Promoted to the dizzy heights of Lance Bombardier.
Cole`s record was No 1 in the charts for weeks which particularly annoyed me
as I always argued that the guy who persuaded Cole to sing instead of play
piano robbed us of a great piano player.  Then the tune which I didn`t think
much of anyway, was completely wrecked by some weird mob who released a
record called Serutan Yob. Now I can never think of Nature Boy without
Serutan Yob taking over in my mind. Now, what was that band called?????

Cheers

Pat