[Dixielandjazz] second 6-DVD Dean Martin release of 2011

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Nov 23 10:02:48 PST 2011

Time-Life's second set of the Dean Martin Shows now available from Amazon with big discount.

second 6-DVD Dean Martin release of 2011

http://www.amazon.com/King-Cool-Martin-Variety-Collectors/dp/B005LOBW0W

Some of you might be interested in some of the acts, Ella, Louis, etc.

Amazon is offering it at a steep discount.

here's a list of some of the songs performed.

(I'm not including numbers featuring the Golddiggers, the Dingalings, Liberace, Herman's
Hermits, etc.) An asterisk indicates that it's performed with Dean, or in some cases
with Dean and other guests.
Edie Adams (1967)
By the Light of the Silvery Moon*
Medley*: I Don't Want to Play in Your Yard / Playmates / Parade of the Wooden Soldiers
The Andrews Sisters (1965)
A Lot of Livin' to Do
My Favorite Things
Louis Armstrong (1956)
Medley*: Rock-a-bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody / When It's Sleepy Time Down South
/ When the Saints Go Marching In
Vikki Carr (1971)
If I Were Your Woman
Rainbows Are Back in Style*
Imogene Coca (1966)
People
When You're Smiling*
Pat Crowley (1968)
All I Need Is the Boy
Vic Damone (1966)
She Loves Me
Barbara Eden (1969)
I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate
Medley*: Stumbling / Ja-da / At Sundown / Diga Diga Doo
Eddie Fisher (1967)
I Will Wait for You
Ella Fitzgerald (1966)
That Old Black Magic
Medley*: 'S Wonderful / Let's Call the Whole Thing Off / How Long Has This Been Going
On?
Ella Fitzgerald (1967)
Hallelujah, I Love Him So
Medley*: For You / I'd Climb the Highest Mountain
Robert Goulet (1966)
I'll Take Romance
Shirley Jones (1970)
Bidin' My Time*
Abbe Lane (1967)
Milord
Carol Lawrence (1965)
Funny Face
Baby Face*
Dorothy Loudon (1966)
Medley: Every Little Movement / Don't Mention My Name / I Just Can't Make My Eyes
Behave
Johnny Mathis (1966)
In Love for the Very First Time
Take Me Out to the Ball Game*
Barbara McNair (1972)
Bumming Around*
Jane Morgan (1966)
Downtown
Donald O'Connor (1967)
Medley*: The Lady's in Love with You / They Didn't Believe Me / My Buddy / He's a
Ladies Man
To the Movies We Go*
Nancy Sinatra (1973)
Where or When*
Medley*: Easter Parade / I Love a Piano / Snooky Ookums / Shakin' the Blues Away
/ A Fella with an Umbrella / Drum Crazy / Easter Parade
Kate Smith (1969)
As Long as He Needs Me
Medley*: Yankee Doodle Boy / God's Country / My Old Kentucky Home / Back Home in
Indiana / Yankee Doodle / Stars and Stripes Forever / You're a Grand Old Flag
God Bless America
Elaine Stritch (1971)
Someday My Prince Will Come*
The Supremes (1966)
Mother Dear
Caterina Valente (1966)
So Nice
One Note Samba*
There's also a 1971 "offspring" episode, featuring songs performed by children of
Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball (Lucie, Desi Jr.), Gordon and Sheila MacRae (Meredith),
Dean Martin (Gail, Deana, Dino), Ronald Reagan (Maureen) and Frank Sinatra (Nancy,
Frank Jr.): "Applause, Applause," "Side by Side by Side," "Lady Love" and "Triplets."
There are surprisingly few solo numbers by Dean in the set. These include "Detroit
City," "Heart Over Mind," "I'm Gonna Change Everything," "Sooner or Later," "Almost
Like Being in Love" and "You Are My Lucky Star."
Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/King-Cool-Martin-Variety-Collectors/dp/B005LOBW0W

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt
is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic."