[Dixielandjazz] Iron Hill Brewery was Shameless Promotion

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 16 09:29:17 PST 2011

Dear Marek:

Not all old people, just some. And the kids sure do energize the band,
at lesat my band that is.

Iron Hill is a micro brewery that brews a variety of beers on the
premises. They have about 8 locations around Philadelphia. VERY
popular place to eat, try out some beer, and hear music from time to
time.

Each location brews the following HOUSE BRANDS

Traditional Belgian Ale, Pig Iron Porter, Light Lager, Vienna Red
Lager, Iron Bound Ale, Pig Iron Porter, Raspberry Wheat.  Then they
brew seasonal beers each month

THESE ARE THE SEASONAL BREWS FOR NOVEMBER (Depending upon which
location)
Belgian Pumpkin Ale, Belgian Harvest, Belgian Tripel, Samurai Saison,
Skinny Blonde, Saison, Abbey Dubbel, American Tripel, Sticke Altbier,
Hockessin Helles, Oatmeal Stout, Street Legal, Munich Helles, Munich
Dunkel, Kolsch, Big Red Wibby, Winter Wheat, Imperial Coffee Porter,
Scrooge American IPA, Yin Yang, Maniac Alt, Belgian Rye IPA, Belgian
Pale Ale, Honey Do Wit, Keller Pilsner, English Strong Ale,
Octoberfest, Mr Maiygi Pilsner, Monkoctoberfest, Brown Haired IPA,
Anvil Ale, Oompa Loompa, Chocolate Stout, Sasquatch, Fall Guy Ale,
Black Forest Lager, Vanilla Porter, Schwartzbier, Roggenbier, Nut
Brown Ale, Maibock, Hoppopotamus, Bock, Hefeweizen,
Rauchoctoberfest,Pugilist, Bourbon Dubbel, St James Brown Ale, Bourbon
Porter, Wee Heavy, Cascadian IPA, Reilly's Chocolate Ale, Apocalypso,
India Black Ale, Digression. and a few others.

This is definitely Your Kind Of Brewery. There is nothing like freshly
brewed beer.

We used to have a steady gig at several locations when they first
opened. But after 2 years, they found they didn't need live music
except on special occasions. They then asked us to play on Saturdays
for $400 (which is what clubs/restaurants will pay for a  band) and we
parted ways as far as a steady gig was concerned because our musicians
make much more money on Saturday nights.

We still do a few gigs at various locations during the year, on
occasions like this one, at rates which make sense.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband