[Dixielandjazz] Shameless Promotion

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 15 19:54:20 PST 2011

The Barbone Street Jazz Trio will be at the Iron Hill Brewery, 30 East
State Street, Media PA from 9:30 PM to 1:15 AM this coming Saturday,
November 15. We are one of 15 bands performing at the Media Jazz By
Night Festival.
This festival has been operating successfully for about 8 years or so.
We headined the first one with out 6 piece Dixieland band. Economics
being what they are this year, we shrunk down to our trio.

Like many bands I negotiate a lower price when the venue or budget
can't meet our 6 piece price,. Not by altering the band price, but by
offering a smaller band version. That way the sideman gig pay is the
same (or slightly larger). And why not, we have to work harder. (vbg)

We'll be playing a mix of Great American Songbook, Swing, Dixieland
(such as it is with 3 pieces) Mainstream and a little Bop. (Clarinet,
Amplified Guitar and Double Bass)

For those who like to see young people enjoying jazz, and dancing,
please stop by. We expect quite a few of our younger listener fans and
swing dancer friends to come by and hang with us. Since it is a late
evening, we do not expect too many in the audience to be as old as we
are. (81, 78, 75)

Jazz by Night is part of the America's  MUSIC festival series in
Media, a Philadelphia suburb. For info see:

http://www.statestreetblues.com/?id=event&n=jazz

$15 Admits you to all venues. Surf the site for full information.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband