[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 09:16:09 PST 2011

Last Wednesday, some of my friends and I went to hear Swing de Gitanes.
Here's what my frind Donna has to say about it:
"Pure unadulterated pleasure - another exciting Swing de Gitanes concert
with lots of original takes on traditional numbers and original numbers
that really swing. I always enjoy the interactions between the members of
the band and was surprised and delighted with some of the quirky endings!"

My comments:
The programming was a bit lacking - too many originals in proportion to
Gypsy swing standards.  It didn't bother Donna or me too much, but our
other friends complained that there were too few Django Reinhardt numbers.
The bandleader realized it, too, basend on audience response.  I hope that
they take it into consideration for future shows.

This time, for a change, I did not feel like a dinosaur; not only one of my
friends there was my senior, but there were quite a few older folks in the
hall.  Perhaps the older audience is fainally becoming aware of the band
(some audience members might just be on the Club Hed mailing list).

Cheers