[Dixielandjazz] Jon Weber interviewed

SargentDrums at aol.com SargentDrums at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 07:24:27 PST 2011

<<Until a few years ago, you could hear the great Chicago jazz  pianist Jon
Weber simply
by strolling to the Four Seasons Hotel on East  Delaware Place, riding an
elevator
up to the lounge and pulling up a  chair.

Come January, listeners across America -- and beyond -- will be hearing
Weber in
a decidedly more high-profile context, for he'll host a retooled  version
of the longest-running
jazz show on National Public Radio, "Marian  McPartland's Piano Jazz.">>

How awesome is that?!

Jon is originally from Milwaukee. We used to play together, and he recorded
 with me once, when he lived in Milwaukee. (in the late '70s, early '80s)

I can personally attest that Jon is genius. Big keyboard reach, and really,
 an ear and memory you just wouldn't believe.

This couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Congrats to Jon!

Bill Sargent
Studio 414-777-0100 | Cell 414-305-6955