[Dixielandjazz] Help !

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed Nov 9 09:22:23 PST 2011

Eric,

 From the Philippe Baudoin fake book. Sorry, no lyrics. :
http://www.massifjazz.com/tunes/Try_A_Little_Tenderness.jpg

 From http://www.jumbojimbo.com/lyrics.php, I found the following
lyrics. I'm guessing what they have labelled as 'INTRO,' might be the
verse. My lead sheet indicates that there is a 16 bar verse, but I don't
have it.

Written by:  Harry Woods
Written by:  Reg Conolly
Written by:  Jimmy Campbell
INTRO:
In the hustle of the day, we're all inclined to miss
Little things that mean so much
A word, a smile, and a kiss
When a woman loves a man, he's a hero in her eyes
And a hero he can always be if he'll just realize

She may be weary, women do get weary
Wearing the same shabby dress
And when she's weary, try a little tenderness

She may be waiting, just anticipating
Things she may never possess
While she's without them, try a little tenderness

It's not just sentimental, she has her grief and her care
But a word that's soft and gentle makes it easier to bear

You won't regret it, women don't forget it
Love is their whole happiness
And it's all so easy, try a little tenderness

All the best, Gary

On 09/11/2011 11:46, Eric Holroyd wrote:
> Does anyone have a lead line with chords and lyrics, for Try A LIttle
> Tenderness please?
>
> Eric Holroyd

Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson