[Dixielandjazz] More on The Banjo Project

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 06:36:39 PST 2011

I did send the comments I posted on the Fourstring List and Dixieland  List
on to Marc Fields, producer of Give Me the Banjo.  Last evening I  received
a long and detailed response.  Pulling from Field's details the  main
points I derive that are related to my jazz banjo  disappointments are these.
One, he was contacted by the producers of  PBS Fall Arts Festival which
dictated that each episode be from a different  locale.  Field's project  was
assigned to the Blue Ridge Mountains  Region.  Second, Fields expects the
website and the DVD will include more  content on the fourstring banjo.

I anticipate that the focus will continue to be alternative  individuals to
those past and present performers we so revere.  Marc  Field does mention
joining an ongoing discussion on the official Facebook page  of The Banjo
Project.

Ginny