[Dixielandjazz] A new English word? (was: Roots of Dixieland Jazz and Haarlem DixielandBand)

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Thu Nov 3 11:59:46 PDT 2011

Dear Marek,

re: "Errare humanum est"

Believe me, I had no intention of denigrating your typo. Quite the opposite,
in fact, because typos are a sign that someone is engrossed in the subject
matter, and uses full concentration on this to get his/her idea across. I
think I can safely say that I've read all DJML postings in the last few
years, and have never been put off by any typos.

Let us not forget that James Densmore suggested the QWERTY-layout of the
keyboard to delay typists finding the right letter, because the mechanism of
the early typewriters jammed if the typing was too fast.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith