[Dixielandjazz] A new English word? (was: Roots of Dixieland Jazz and Haarlem DixielandBand)

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Wed Nov 2 07:10:03 PDT 2011

Dear Marek,

Assuming your word "malody"* (sic) was a typo, I think you've just coined a
new word to describe a badly constructed attempt at playing an improvised
melodic line. I think it could be just the word to describe a jarring
improvisation that a) doesn't follow the chord sequence, or b) loses the
logical sequence in the melodic improvisation, or c) has a few unintentional
squeaks or muffed notes.

*akin to "malodorous".

Kind Regards

Bob Smith