[Dixielandjazz] Recordings of early jazz clarinet players.

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Fri May 27 09:35:23 PDT 2011

Greetings to all,
The Ory with Wade Whaley can also be found on the inexpensive Membran
"Quadromania" series. This comprises of 4 cds, of which I only have 2 but in
addition to the 4 tunes with Whaley there is to be found some great Albert
Nicholas,Barney Bigard and a lot of Mutt Carey. The second disc with Carey
was recorded "live" at the Green Room in S.F. and is not good acoustical
quality but you can still sense some good music being played there.

I have seen this series of Membran on numerous occasions at a discounted
price and have sets by Dodds and Morton as well as some blues material and
at around $12 or so these are very affordable even if your main interest is
not on all the music contained.I have much of the George Buck catalogue but
still find it possible to supplement that music at a less expensive cost to
fill small gaps.

Good hunting,
Glen Page