[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Alex Welsh Jazz Band "It Don't Mean A Thing"

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:59:33 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jazz on the Tube <letters at jazzonthetube.com>
Date: 20 May 2011 14:47
Subject: Alex Welsh Jazz Band "It Don't Mean A Thing"
To: Marek <marekboym at gmail.com>

Marek

Today's pic comes to us from Scottish trumpet player Alex Welsh
and his band.

Welsh has been active in keeping the sounds of traditional jazz
alive since the early 1950's. He's also played with many jazz legends
including Earl Hines, Pee wee Russell Ruby Braff, and Henry 'Red'
Allen, to name a few.

Alex Welsh passed away on June 25, 1982 but continues to live on
through his music which has had a lasting impact on so many.

Video:

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/page/884.html

- Lester Perkins
Jazz on the Tube

P.S. Please share Jazz on the Tube with your
friends and colleagues.

If they like jazz, they're going to love this.

Help for Haiti

Please remember our brothers and sisters in Haiti.

They need our help now more than ever. Thanks.

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/help-for-haiti/