[Dixielandjazz] Rebecca Kilgore featured in JazzTimes

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Sat May 21 10:04:07 PDT 2011

To:  DJML;  Musicians and Jazzfans list
From: Norman Vickers

Here's a great article about jazz vocalist and (occasional) guitarist, Rebecca Kilgore from current issue of JazzTimes.  Complete, comprehensive and informative article.  I was in touch with Bucky Pizzarelli and Rebecca Kilgore recently doing background research for a review of  "Buck" Pizzarelli and the West Texas Tumbleweeds -Back in the Saddle Again.  This is a fun recording, with a Western flavr, which included the Pizzarelli boys--Bucky, Martin and John, Becky Kilgore, Aaron Weinstein and others.  Bucky was very complimentary of Becky, stating, " If Benny Goodman had a band today, Becky would be singing with that band!"  This, likely, is the ultimate compliment!

I've sent the link so you can read the article and see photo as well.