[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue May 17 16:32:08 PDT 2011

Dear Kaye, and other DJML members,

First I would like to say that Alicia's statements, as well as mine are not necessarily representative of the officials at the Sacramento Festival.  Neither of us are officially speaking for the Festival.

Regarding the washboard concert, I don't know why it is not on the schedule this year.  However, after the Festival, when the dust has cleared, I will look into it.

I have never attended the WB concert and don't know what the attendance has been.  However, as Charlie Hull posted, every set at the Festival is evaluated as to attendance.  So the figures should be available to me.

I want to apologize to Jim, Karen, Scott and Rae Ann for getting a bit harsh and maybe rude in my post regarding Sacramento.  But, as I said, I've seen a lot of people work very hard to keep a festival in Sacramento and their comments just hit me wrong.  It seems that no matter what you do, someone is going to be unhappy.

If anyone has any more complaints about Sacramento, let's keep them civil.

Any nasty comments should be done privately, off-list.

Thanks.

--Bob Ringwald

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would
promise them missionaries for dinner."
H. L. Mencken 1880-1956