[Dixielandjazz] advice on licensing request needed

Dawn Lambeth dawn at usoniajazz.com
Tue May 17 11:46:47 PDT 2011

I've been approached by a (seemingly) reputable company (not in the US)
about licensing a couple songs from one of my Cd's for a compliation
they are doing.  I'm trying to determine if the terms they are offering
are fair, and having trouble finding info online about it.  Does anyone
have any experience with this? Any websites with relevant information
you could point me to?  This is not the first time I've been approached
or done this, but I always feel like I'm out of my league, but there
never seems to be enough money involved to hire a lawyer. Thanks in
advance for any insight -

Dawn

Dawn Lambeth
Pianist/vocalist