[Dixielandjazz] Jim Rothermel

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Tue May 17 11:15:52 PDT 2011

Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
209-747-1148
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
Lodi, California,95242,
www.cellblock7.biz
"Puritanism - The haunting fear
that someone, somewhere,
may be happy."
Mencken
----- Original Message -----
From: Donna Courtney

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:13 AM
Subject: Jim Rothermel

I got this from Scott this morning.

Hello all,

It is with great sadness that I let you all know that our wonderful friend and extraordinary fellow musician, Jim Rothermel, passed away early last evening after a practically year-long fight with acute leukemia. He was extremely upbeat and positive right to the end, even after being told a few weeks ago that there was nothing more that could be done.

He will be missed, both on and off the stage. Maryanne said the one thing he really asked was, "Please don't forget about me." We won't.

I have no details of any services or memorials planned at this time. Any donations to help his children and familly can still be made using the PayPal button on the Golden Gate Rhythm Machine page, or by sending a check to 14 Seibel St., San Rafael, CA 94901-5006

Scott Anthony
Golden Gate Rhythm Machine www.santhony.com/ggrm

--
Donna