[Dixielandjazz] Help from the East Folks please

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Tue May 17 10:25:35 PDT 2011

 I have a friend who wants to hire a decent Youth Jazz Band in Washington DC on Tuesday MAY 24th, 2011
If anyone on the list knows of one in the DC area please provide me contact info for them and I will get it to him
right away.

Thanks,
Bart:

I work for non-profit that is releasing a documentary film in Washington DC on Tues, May 24th. The film is called American Teacher www.theteachersalaryproject.org     and we would love a student jazz band to play at the opening celebration before the screening.

I know this is late notice and probably a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if you know any student jazz bands that could play our reception on the 24th. We have contacted the Duke Ellington School of the Arts but they haven't responded yet. This will be a BIG event at the Jack Morton Auditorium and the US Secretary of Education will be in the crowd so I can guarantee you that this will be a great gig for whomever performs. If you have any leads whatsoever, please feel free to send me the contact info and pricing details, etc.

Devin Triplett            <devintriplett at hotmail.com>