[Dixielandjazz] How do they do it?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 17 03:30:22 PDT 2011

Dear Jim,
Back in the 1970s we and some mates were regulars at a popular Spanish restaurant here in Sydney, the El Jaleo (spelling?), and were often allowed to remain behind to join the Friday night 'party' when the restaurant closed.
Staff and musicians came from other Spanish restaurants in the area and the lady owner, a fabulous retired professional dancer, performed for us all some nights.
We often got home after 3.00am, much to our teenage kids' consternation.
The manager of the restaurant was Portuguese and regularly joked about the laziness of the Spanish staff and how they couldn't run the place without him.
They were the daze.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill..