[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: dancing in Madrid

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue May 17 01:55:04 PDT 2011

Ginny wrote (after watching the video mentioned below):

>Lots of fun to watch.  The energy gets communicated right through the
video.  It would be dynamite to be there in person.
Ginny

It would be fun to have you here, Ginny.  Anyone visiting Madrid should
contact me in advance.
I have a sort of "tourist info" sheet I have put together & don't mind
sending it on to anyone.

The energy you mention, Ginny, is the way we play everynite.  That's why I
can never fully understand the sitting down approach to the front line as
seen in so many videos on youtube!
Gotta be up as the swinging starts in the hips!

Jim

Excerpt from original post:

In a message dated 5/16/2011 7:17:06 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jim at kashprod.com writes:

Although  this video doesn't show the actual size of the audience, you can
hear their  appreciation after solos & get an idea of the full house.  Here
we  have our sub on trumpet, a young Russian.  Be sure to watch until  the
end, as there is some fun "play" between the 2 horns at the  end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTyoC3JAqgs&feature=channel

Jim