[Dixielandjazz] More on festival distractions--Bobby Van Deusen

Steve Gilmore stevegilmorebass at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:35:50 PDT 2011

Got you on that one Bobby. I had a simular experience. In the early
80's I played the opening for the " Scranton Steamtown Museum ". They
had us set up outside and everything was fine for a 1/2 hour until
they started up several of the steam engines at full blast whistles,
chugging, and all the related noises. We of course couldn't hear a
note. the good news is we got paid and could stop early.    Steve G.