[Dixielandjazz] Pathe

dj outrage djoutrage at freeukisp.co.uk
Fri May 6 20:23:43 PDT 2011

Pat Ladd wrote:
> Channel surfing I came across Pathe`s site at www.Britishpathe.com
>
> They have films` Live at the  Apollo` with Ellington,Calloway,Nat King
> Cole, etc. Didn`t pursue this so I have no ideqa what the quality etc is
> like.
>
> May interest someone.
>
> Also in my mail today. An offer of 5 boxed sets of CD`s of 100 discs each
> claiming to be the Worlds Greatest Jazz Collection.. It is broken down
> into Classic Jazz.New Orleans,Dixieland,New York, Chicago, Kansas City,
> Harlem and Territory (Whatever that is.Swing Time.
> Eldridge,Webster,Hawkins,Lester
> Young,Hodges,goodman,Hampton,Clayton,Django,teagarden, Armstrong.
> Big Bands. Henderson,goodman,ellington,basie,barnet,Kenton,Krupa,Miller
> Webb
> Bebop Story. Parker,Gillespie,Navarro,Stitt,Davis,Winding,Mulligan.getz
> Modern
> Jazz,Brubeck,baker,Getz,Blakey,Coltrane,Rollins,Adderley,Monk,Peterson,
> Garner
>
> 10,000 tracks apparently.
>
> Anyone interested ?Contact me
>
> Pat

The 500 cd set Pat was talking about is absolutely amazing. I have the
first 2 sets, the classic jazz and swing ones, and a friend is going to
send me the rest when he has ripped them, the i'll be getting the leagal
discs and they really are worth having, all the small group swing and
early jazz you could ever want, really.
i think the webpage is www.jazz500.com if you guys want to see it yourselves