[Dixielandjazz] Message and explanation from Dave Hanson

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon May 2 09:48:35 PDT 2011

To: DJML

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

I noted DJML postings about spam messages with Dave Hanson's return
e-address,  and having gotten them myself, I wrote Dave Hanson.  Here is his
reply and explanation. It could happen to any of us.  Hope this helps:

Dave Hanson wrote:

My email addresses were purloined by an unknown source three weeks ago. This
is the Canadian Pharmacy virus and is the most difficult I have ever
encountered. I've added all the malware, spyware and deep searches possible
with little success. ATT has placed a sniffer on my connection in an attempt
to stop it. No more addresses will go out, but I had about 500 that did,
yours one of them.

It may continue for a while so be cautious when opening like you did.
Subject line usually empty, or simply RE:.

I always have a subject which would pertain to something we both have in
common, or maybe just chatting.

I apologies for the inconvenience but please have a little more patience
with me as I try to sort this out.

Regards,

Dave

--End--