[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg interviewed

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon May 2 09:22:59 PDT 2011

<<the live production can't compare with the original recording>>

`Theatre of the mind` may be right Bob, but so many of the great bits in
Part 1 suit a stage presentation with the superb band arrangements already
written.
I can just see stuff like that great duet  `A man can`t be too careful what
he signs today` as a production number.

It all seems such a waste .The show is already written The dialogue done,
each sketch more or less free standing, to be  included or cut at the
producers choice, the music arranged. I would like to see Cameron Macintosh
put it on. I would be first in line for tickets even if it meant coming to
New York to see it on Broadway.

Dream on.

Pat