[Dixielandjazz] looking for lyrics

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 30 01:40:58 PDT 2011

Gerard Bielderman wrote:
> As far as I know there are no lyrics to this Sidney Bechet composition.

Dear Gerard,
I have "Si Tu Vois Ma Mere" listed with a vocal by Jim Armstrong on a Grand Dominion Jazz Band CD (Stomp Off CD 1379).
"Has It Really Been Twenty Years?". Grand Dominion 1982-2002, Volume 2 recorded in Vancouver, BC. 8th-9th March 2002.
Listmate Dick Baker will know if there is a vocal, as will the GDJB supporters on the DJML.

The same source also lists Pug Horton singing "Si Tu Vois Ma Mere" on the Bob Wilber And The Bechet Legacy LP, 'Live At Bechet's'. New York, 22 January 1981. A Bodeswell LP (BW103).
Later reissued as Jazzology J-141 & GHB201.
However, I have the Jazzology LP and there is no vocal for this tune.
Very kind regards,
Bill.