[Dixielandjazz] Some Like it Hot Band at French Quarter Festival

Nita Hemeter nhemeter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 09:48:31 PDT 2011

Hello All,

    Our band Some Like it Hot will be at the French Quarter Festival on
Saturday April 9th from 1:30-3:30pm and at Preservation Hall on Friday April
8th from 4:30-7pm.  We are thrilled and I have copied a recent review of the
band in Where Yat Magazine.

     Still have a few openings for the New Orleans Trad Jazz Camp if anyone
out there is interested.

*Some Like it Hot*
The French Quarter Fest veteran ensemble, Some Like it Hot, is a
straight-ahead, traditional, Dixieland jazz band founded out of a pure,
unadulterated love for New Orleans hot jazz. With its players always
sporting infectious smiles, this six-piece has become a staple of the
Buffa’s Lounge Sunday jazz brunch and has fanned out to become recognized at
private parties and club shows throughout the city. This combo, which
features band leader Kanye Caldwell on trumpet, Janice Medlock on trombone,
Eric Shuman on Clarinet, Ron Kennedy on banjo, Lil Josephine on bass and
Nita Hemeter on drums, has a repertoire that includes well-known traditional
tunes, such as “Basin St. Blues” and “Down by the Riverside,” as well as
more-elusive hidden gems. This being said, Some Like it Hot is not a museum
piece. They play their music with a joy and vibrancy that makes them stand
out among the legions of starry-eyed nostalgics that come to New Orleans to
recreate the sound of classic recordings. Be sure to check out Some Like it
Hot to hear some of the music that has made New Orleans swing for well over
a hundred years.—Garrett Pittman