[Dixielandjazz] The Girls in the Band need our help

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 11:51:25 PDT 2011

 The Girls in the Band

They wiggled, they jiggled, they wore low cut gowns and short shorts, they kow-towed to the club owners and smiled at the customers...and they did it all, just to play the music they loved.

THE GIRLS IN THE BAND tells the poignant, untold stories of female jazz and big band instrumentalists and their fascinating, groundbreaking journeys from the late 30's to the present day. These incredibly talented women endured sexism, racism and diminished opportunities for decades, yet continue today to persevere, inspire and elevate their talents in a field that seldom welcomed them.

Due to the generosity and support of our many friends and fans, we’ve raised $10,580 of our $15,000 goal for the final editing of THE GIRLS IN THE BAND. Our deepest gratitude to every one of you who opened your hearts and your checkbooks.

We’re now in the last push to raise the remaining $4,420 for the mastering, duplication, art work and packaging of the film. While that may not seem like a large amount, it’s what stands between where we are now and the all-important step of getting the film out into the world.

There is so much interest in the film and so many offers to screen it for museums, jazz festivals and educational organizations (including the Smithsonian Institution) that we know there is an eager audience awaiting the release date. We’ve asked all of those organizations to please have patience with us until we finish this last step. Will you help us get there?

There’s only a few short days left on our fundraising drive. If you’ve been thinking of supporting the film but haven’t done so yet, now is the NOW IS THE TIME! Please let us add your name to our list of Angel Funders by making a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE contribution to our Indiegogo Fundraising drive.

To donate go to:   http://www.indiegogo.com/TheGirlsintheBand

Many thanks,

THE GIRLS IN THE BAND Production Team
Director/Producer/Writer Judy Chaikin, Executive Produce/Producer Michael Greene, Producer, Nancy Kissock and Editor/Writer Edward Osei-Gyimah.

Visit THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE at: http://www.thejazznetworkworldwide.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network