[Dixielandjazz] Apostrophes

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 25 22:22:46 PDT 2011

Eric Holroyd asked:
> Why do apostrophes and single quote marks get changed to question marks in DJML posts? (Wonder what it will do to that question mark?)

Dear Eric,
My iMac reproduced your query (above) as written, including the two question marks?
I have not noticed many odd changes in DJML posts for some time, although years ago we Mac people had a few scrambled message from time-to-time.
The late Bill Gunter and I tried to unravel this incompatibility, but gave up.
Apple's later operating systems eventually sorted it out.
However, every now and then a stay equal mark = adds itself to my signature.
It never shows on the <sent> copy.
Very kind regards,
Bill.