[Dixielandjazz] For the Clarinetists and Steve Voce

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 23 15:02:48 PDT 2011

Count me in, like Steve Voce, as one who listens to and like many
different forms of music. Unfortunately I cannot make the below listed
performance by the renowned clarinetist Stanley Drucker. I urge
clarinetists on the DJML to listen to the piece he is going to perform
at the link below. And if you are anywhere near Princeton NJ, I urge
you to go see Drucker do it

Stanley Drucker (former principal clarinet of the New York
Philharmonic, now retired at over 80)  is playing the Berio Sequenza
on Friday, March 25 at 3:30 at Westminster Choir College in Princeton
in Room L1, in the basement of Talbott Library.  The performance is
open to the public and is free.  It will be followed by a master class
of local students playing music by Copland and Dievienne.  The piece
is on youtube (see the link below).  It is quite a finger buster.

Nothing in jazz can be played, that is not already in this piece. <grin>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwhbFa4kOFs

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband