[Dixielandjazz] How sound works-- Janie McCue Lynch replies

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 22 08:19:07 PDT 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Norman Vickers wrote:

> From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola
>
> Janie Lynch of Canyon Country, CA, avid jazzfan and serious amateur
> musician, responds to the article about  how sound works.
>
> How Music Works: The Science and Psychology of Beautiful Sounds,
> from Beethoven to the Beatles and Beyond
> by John Powell by Little, Brown and Company

My thanks too Norman.

Between gigs in summer, I mow 13 acres of pasture with a 1972 Kubota
Tractor and a 6 foot Woods Rotary Mower. Very noisy 8 hour job. So I
wear those noise canceling headphones the article (and book) mention.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to lower the noise level of playing
in a jazz band a foot in front of the drummer and the guitar
amplifier, yet still hear the changes. <grin>

WOT!!!!!

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband