[Dixielandjazz] Blues Pianist Pinetop Perkins Dead at 97 R.I.P.

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 22:17:51 PDT 2011

 Here is a musician many on here probably never heard of, but he obviously outlasted Jelly Roll Morton
and who knows how many musicians he has influenced in his lifetime.   Yeah I know it ain't Dixieland , but it is where
a lot of Dixieland and jazz came from.  The Roots !!!   which is what many folks now refer to Dixieland as in case ya didn't know that !

Roots Festivals are great places to sell Dixieland music to and they often pay a Lot better than Trad Jazz Societies too:))  and attract a larger, YOUNGER Audience hungry and seeking early American Music.   hint hint !!

 http://spinningsoul.com/2011/03/pinetoprip/