[Dixielandjazz] Wang Wang Blues

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Mon Mar 21 13:46:16 PDT 2011

The Marty Grosz youtube video of Wang Wang Blues is superb! Nice way to
swing an old chestnut like this.

I have a particular fondness for this song. Way, way back about an half
century ago when I was learning to play the banjo, the first song I was
given to learn to play using what's called "chord melody" in banjo talk, was
the Wang Wang Blues. It was probably because there are a fair number of
whole notes and I could tremolo those as full chords. I played that as my
feature solo for a number of years.

I wasn't aware of the verse, but it adds a nice touch to the tune.

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band
Solo Banjo Shows