[Dixielandjazz] Wang Wang Blues?

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 11:24:13 PDT 2011

I think "Wang Wang Blues" is a great tune. It certainly has more interesting
parts and complexity than a straight 12-bar blues. The first time I ever
heard it was when I was a kid on, would you believe it, Lawrence Welk, with
Bob Havens on trombone and Pete Fountain (I think) on clarinet.

We recorded it awhile ago on "Standards"
http://www.santhony.com/ggrm/standards.html (You need to click on the "play"
arrow on the Flash Player on this page to get the list of tunes to appear. I
need to fix this.)

Scott Anthony