[Dixielandjazz] Assunto Dukes

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Mar 20 17:55:56 PDT 2011

James Mullins wrote:

> Does anyone out there know how one could purchase copies of any of the
> original Assunto Dukes recordings from the early 60s on Audio Fidelity or
> other labels?  The only info I could get indicated that there were some
> legal problems involved.

Jim,

Papa Jacks grandson Mike Marois is, or was a member of DJML.  I forwarded your message to him.

His email is:

mike.marois at hirelivemusic.com

Yes, quite a court battle over the name.

I think all the info about the law suit is on a web site somewhere.

To get the Dukes LPs, you might check used record sites, etc.

Possibly other members of DJML might have some suggestions for you.

Best,

--Bob Ringwald