[Dixielandjazz] The Internet and DJML

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 13:17:05 PDT 2011

I do not recall Ovaltine having any connection with Little Orphan Annie but
I know I had to send away their labels to get a Captain Midnight secret code
ring.  The secret code turned out to be 1-26 signifying the number of the
letters in the albhabet.

Can't recall radio commercials for Postum but the Sunday News had what
amounted to about a six box comic strip for the product, with a rather
grotesque villain who was named Mr. Coffee Nerves.  I never tried it but I
believe hearing that it tasted worse than Sanka, which is really pretty hard
to imagine.

Incidentally, I recall some years ago that two spokesmen for breakfast
beverages happened to die on the very same day.  There was Robert Young who
had been spokesman for Sanka and also  Alan Shepherd , who for years along
with other astronauts, had constantly knocked Tang, which they were forced
to take on their space missions.
Obviously, one spoke on behalf of theproduct and the other against it.

Tides
 HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?