[Dixielandjazz] Likes outside of jazz

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Mar 20 05:44:12 PDT 2011

Eric Holroyd wrote:
> Over the years I've been berated by fans and musicians alike for
> having musical interests 'outside of jazz'.....

I can't understand at all why anyone would berate someone for having an
expanded listening view.  By listening to other types of music, you open up
your ideas for flights into unknown territories in your own improvisations
both in chords & melodies.  Closed listening views can only create a
reproduction of things already done, and can create a "dead" style.

You could liken it to languages that are not exposed to outside sources &
changes.

Jim