[Dixielandjazz] "Makin' Friends"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 18 17:33:41 PDT 2011

Marvin Ipswich wrote:
> I hear clarinet at 1.30...

Dear Marvin,
Using the time scale for the Red Hot Jazz version, the slur occurs at 1.27 - 1.30 along with the words "dirty dog.

> I just watched the video of Jack Armstrong Blues. On tenor sax is Pud Brown
> - I saw him play with Danny Barker at the Palm Court in New Orleans in the
> 1990s - he looked a bit different ;-)

Good spotting.
The band for that 1952 telescription was:
Charlie Teagarden (trumpet) Jack Teagarden (trombone, vocal) Don Bonnee (clarinet) Heinie Beau (alto) Pud Brown (tenor) Marvin Ash (piano) Ray Leatherwood (double bass) and Ray Bauduc (drums).

I should have included that when I provided the video link.
Kind regards,
Bill.