[Dixielandjazz] Lute or Tenor Guitar?

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 16:34:57 PDT 2011

Actually a tiple is 10 strings in 4 "courses" so it is played as if it were
4 string instrument. I think it is either (from bass to treble) 3, 2, 2, 3
or 2, 3, 3, 2 (each of which adds up to 10). It sounds like a miniature
12-string guitar/mandolin sort of thing.

The ones I've seen are the size of and tuned like a baritone uke - tuning
same as the top 4 strings of a standard guitar I think.

Scott Anthony