[Dixielandjazz] WATERMILL, LI (was Up a Lazy Liver, with bacon & onions)

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:22:17 PDT 2011

Although I lived the last 18 years of my life in New York on Long Island
(1958-1975) I was not familiar with the town that Steve made mention of
regarding the Ford gig, so I put the question to my friend "Crazy Henry"
Newberger.

This was his response.

 Hello Harry!

   Water Mill is just east of Southampton. As you pass Southampton, you go
about 2 miles and you have to make a sharp left on Sunrise Highway to
continue towards East Hampton. That is Watermill. It has lovely homes, a
small retail area (on Sunrise Highway [which is really Rt. 27 out there).

    In the Water Mill public schools, if you misbehave, you have to drink a
domestic Chablis at lunch.

Henry

 In a message dated 2011-03-18 5:54:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,