[Dixielandjazz] Jack Sheldon, the actor

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 16:25:52 PDT 2011

Bill:

I tried to track down what Kaye might possibly have been referrring to when
she had her "Sr. Moment".  I couldn't come up with anything that looked like
Sherwood had written music for.it

Yes, he did play Frank's best friend in "Pal Joey" but all the songs in it
were written by Rodgers & Hart, some of which had been taken from "Babes in
Arms"
The Wiki page on him only makes mention of him being a trumpeter.  I had
some recollection of him being able to play practically ever instrument in
an orchestra but you would of course know far better than I.

I think the best thing he ever did was "Elks' Parade"

Harry

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?